Blog Directory Toplist
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our directory.
Freelance Jobs
Bravenet Free Web Apps - Get Yours at www.bravenet.com

Enrich your website with powerful apps



Friday, September 23, 2011

Activities For Preschoolers


I am a first time mom for 6 months now, yaaaaaaaaaya me. I am thinking already of starting a preschool learning program for my child. When he was just two months or so, I showed him printed flashcards of colours and he LOVED them. Then, I bought him a book that showed colours and it's names and the result was great again. Two weeks ago, I downloaded slideshows of animals, wild animals, colours "again", fruit, and sea creatures and it was awesome. It turned out to be a sort of his pacifier. Because they show the item, the written word, how to pronounce it, and it picture ofcourse, he loves to watch them whenever he's bored or starting to cry "it happens a lot".
I am very concerned of his learning and improving his abilities as well as having fun time together. I'm sure you are all do. I prepared a list to start with for him whenever he's ready and you can use it too.
  • Start by talking to your kid. talk about anything and everything, describe your home, street, people, nature, everything. Don't forget they all are new for himher and they need your help to know what's that.
  • Use games to teach your kid different things like letters. It was found that kids learn the best with games till seven years old. For example: Letter U Under My Umbrella
    Under my umbrella, I am dry. (creat an umbrella shape with your index finger and cup the other hand) When it’s raining, my oh my. (act like it is raining.) I wait until the raindrops stop. (snap fingers at the end.) Now no umbrella on my top! (point the index finger up.)
  • Singing must be a part of your preschool activities plan. You can find lots of nursery rhyems or even  make up some with your child. Music is great for developing memory skills.
  • Another great way for preschool activities is to cook with your child. don't mind the mess. Kids love cooking and it creats a bond between you, fun, and they will want to eat what they made.
  • Make simple crafts together and make sure they are safe. Kids love to creat and make things and will be a great time for you together. Internet is full with these crafts and you can always get creative and do something new.
  • Reading must be a consistent part of the preschool activities plan. Read about anything and let your kid play with the book, taste it, and tear it even. He might not learn new thing, but he will know that reading is fun.
finally, LOVE is the most important ingredient while planning your activities. Share your child and spend best times together, it will pay back.

No comments:

Post a Comment